- Read Isaiah 7:14 together. Immanuel means God-with-us. What preparations do we make to welcome a new born baby? What preparations do we make to welcome Jesus – God with skin on?
- Perhaps you would like to read today’s passage by candle light! It’s Isaiah 9:2-7 as it starts by talking about darkness! What does this passage teach us about why Jesus came?
- Read Micah 5:2-5a together. Think of a time when something significant happened from a very small beginning. Plant the cress seeds you collected on Sunday and watch them grow!
- Read Isaiah 53:1-6 together. Perhaps you would like to pray confessing the ways we turn to our own way and ignore God.
- Read Isaiah 53:7-12 together. Jesus remained silent, can you last 30 minutes in silence?
This week light one candle and as it burns read the suggested passage together. Once you have read the bible verses you might like to discuss it together and pray. There are some optional activities suggested to help keep the whole family engaged. The first candle represents the Patriarchs who were the founding father’s of the Israelites, God’s chosen people. God chooses Abraham to bless the whole world through his family. This week we see the promise handed down through Abraham’s family, to his son Isaac, then to his son Jacob. God promises they will be God’s people, in God’s land, under God’s rule and blessing.